Thursday, August 23, 2012

present moment awareness

Where is your attention? Is it on problems, conflicts, dramas?

Spiritual intelligence is having no interest in what the ego has to offer you in this moment and paying full attention to your Inner Guidance. That's where the wisdom is. That's where your purpose is laid out. How many times must your ego fail you before you understand that it cannot lead you effectively?

Infinite times it appears as I look at myself. The problem is automatic behaviors -- not being fully present in a conversation and responding in the same old patterns -- defenses, attacks, posturing, being right, playing one-up, playing teacher, fixing others, pushing a point of view.

I forget to pause, and in that pause, ask for guidance, listen, be present, and then respond. Is it really that important that others know my opinions? Is the present moment so fearful that I must employ automatic responses to get through it?

Most people are not aware that most of their responses are automatic. There are times I wish for that unconsciousness. As I watch myself respond in this way, it is painful.

The goal is to make my after the fact awareness a present moment awareness -- to pause, to ask -- to allow the greater Intelligence -- God, Spirit, Higher Self, to guide and direct.

William Frank Diedrich, author of
The Road Home: The Journey Beyond The Spiritual Quick Fix
http://intelligentspirit.com/catalog.html
Next month my new book: Adults At Work, will be out. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment