Monday, July 30, 2012

Shaking a bad mood

Yesterday I spent over an hour in prayer/meditation/contemplation connecting with Spirit/God/Universal Mind. Less than an hour later I completely lost my spiritual connection as I involved myself in human interactions. I experienced anger, frustration, disappointment (in myself), and sadness.  It took a long time to shake it.

How did I shake it? I remembered something I wrote on this blog. I said "Thank you."  In saying thank you I expressed gratitude to my mind for showing me where I am, to my body for letting me know through emotion, and to Spirit for being there as I went through it. Thank you immediately change my thinking and also the way I felt.

Spiritual intelligence isn't about always being in a "God-state", blissed out, or constantly doing spiritual/religious kinds of things. It is about making the choice, when you find yourself deeply immersed in ego, for the peace, strength, love, and wisdom of the Inner Voice instead.

Whenever we fail, we can choose again. Whenever thoughts fall into negativity and despair, we can choose again.  Intelligence is the ability to choose. Spiritual Intelligence is the ability, whatever is going on, to choose Spirit over ego.

In my case, sometimes it takes a while to remember.

William Frank Diedrich, authpr of The Road Home.  Found at --
http://intelligentspirit.com/catalog.html

No comments:

Post a Comment