Thursday, July 12, 2012

Seeing

It is easy to see problems other people have and mistakes they make. We then begin to "need" others to continue to make their mistakes in order to justify our own thoughts and behaviors. If I say you are controlling, and resist your control, then I need you to be controlling. We are two players in the same play.  What if you behaved as you do, and I decided not to play? You could act "controlling" all day and I could smile and say "Thank you."

What if there was nothing to fix in others? What if others have been playing the roles we have assigned to them? We would not be the victims of others, then, would we?

In your prayer or meditation, ask to see others as they truly are, without your judgements and opinions to cloud your vision. This is "seeing" another. I only "see" you when I stop judging you. I "see" you when I call upon the Spirit in me to help me see the Spirit in you.


William Frank Diedrich
Books at http://intelligentspirit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment