Friday, November 2, 2012

Making the shift

Life's challenges have weighed heavily of late. I recognize that my circumstances are of my own making. They always are. Also I recognized that the gaps we see in life between ourselves and others, between ourselves and good health, between ourselves and financial well-being, between ourselves and joy -- are really manifestations of the gap we create between ourselves and God (Spirit, True Self, Higher Self, etc)

Our "troubles" serve a dual purpose. The purpose driven by ego is to keep us in fear and perpetuate the drama as a single, separated self defined by our own problems and issues. The purpose driven by Spirit is to see the opportunity to close the gap between ourselves and God (Higher Self).

As I lay in bed last night, I came to a place in my mind where nothing was more important to me than closing that gap. I wanted connection with my Source, my True Self (God) more than anything. As I  contemplated and prayed for this connection I began to feel pure joy, seemingly bubbling up from within me. I lay in bed ecstatic, happy, content, and confident that life is working out just fine.

I looked again at my so-called challenges and all I could think was "Thank you" Thank you for this instant where I have forgotten my "needs" and I have seen the big picture  -- that everything happening in my life makes sense -- that it is helping me in letting go of my personal will and accepting a Higher Will.

Now it is the next day, and as my ego resumes its chatter, I find myself immensely dissatisfied with "the same old stuff." I want what i felt last night. It's not that I desire to walk around in bliss all day -- what I want is that confidence, that surety, that total lack of fear and presence of love that I experienced for several minutes last night. Writing this helps to bring it back. If you have read this far -- I hope this helps you.  Blessings, William Frank Diedrich

http://adults-at-work.com





1 comment: